Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Santaquin Canyon

Yesterday we went up Sanataquin Canyon to see if we could find some treasures with a metal detector. We had a ton of fun exploring the mountain side. We found some pieces of metal that looked like they could have belonged to an old railway. We also found some old mines. We wanted to go inside the one but we were afraid of what might be living in it now. If you haven't been up Santaquin Canyon you are missing out. It is now my favorite canyon. At the top of it you can turn left to go into Payson Canyon or right to go down Nephi Canyon. The views are amazing. I'll post some pics as soon as we make it to the top again.

4 comments:

  1. you guys are such fun parents! I love it! I love that you are a "true blogger" now too! You are posting more often then once every two months :) p.s. I'm making your syrup tonight........wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks like fun! What great memories your making for the kiddos. Maybe we can go for a hike when we come out this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just went up Santaquin canyon about 1 1/2 weeks ago and the gate was closed by trumbolt. But we love Santaquin canyon best too! There are a lot of hidden waterfalls that turn into ice in the winter time. I love that Santaquin canyon doesn't get much traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Love your site. You guys are such a fun family:) We haven't been up the canyon since last fall, and now I really want to go!

    ReplyDelete

 
Free Blogger Templates