Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Word to the Scootering Wise

Ashlee and Zachary were out on their scooters all day yesterday with their friends. They looked like they were having so much fun so I thought I would jump on for a little scoot down the block. I found out some very important information that all people over 30 should know:

1. Do not scooter barefoot.
2. The brake on the scooters rubs against the back wheel creating very HOT friction. So hot that it will give you a blister on the bottom of your foot if you are not wearing shoes.
3. When you pick up the scooter after burning your foot... BE CAREFUL! The bottom part of the scooter WILL swing back and hit you on the ankle bone.

7 comments:

  1. Jamie! This cracks me up! I love it. Thanks for sharing. I can totally picture you hoping on a scooter barefoot. I'll try and remember next time I hop on a scooter. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! thanks for the tip! things are much different once u hit 30 eh? were u being sarcastic about my background? I wasn't sure what the eeek meant! I'm guessing u hated something I did? hope your foot heals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Thanks for the tip. Though it makes me want to stay away from Presley's scooter. I hate wearing shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny! Sorry about your foot, hope it heals soon! My kids have one but I haven't tried it down hill or barefoot yet, I'll just take it from you, DON'T DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I have totally done the exact same thing! Only I ended up on my butt as well. Yes, it was a pretty picture. I'm just glad that I'm not the only dork, not that I'm calling you a dork...Oh, by the way, I do still want to have a 'Lost" party, but this Friday is the ward party, so I'm shooting for next week-hopefully that will work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes...when that dang scooter swings around it KILLS! It got me on the back of my ankle 2 days ago and it KILLS still! Isn't scootering AWESOME? I told Rebecca we're going to learn how to skateboard after the baby is born...I love how fun the kids are when they're a bit older and can start doing these fun things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jaim, you are crazy!!! I just laughed my head off.

    ~Aim

    ReplyDelete

 
Free Blogger Templates