Friday, September 19, 2008


Every single one of these girls is so cool! When I got called into Young Womens I was SO NERVOUS and overwhelmed! Every Wednesday I wanted to cry because I didn’t have a clue what I was doing. And then a miracle happened…. Kristi, Marti, Beth, Gretchen, Kiera, and Kaydee! These ladies know their stuff, and are so AMAZING. Last Wednesday Kiera had a great idea for Personal Progress, and it was a HUGE success. We called it “Rainbow of Values”. We had stations set up where the girls could pass one thing at one table. First Janelle Carter taught us how to make and roll homemade rolls. They were so yummy! While the rolls were rising the girls went to the other stations. They made collages at one station, scripture reading with journal writing at another, wrote thank you notes to people that have been good examples to them, put a family home evening package at another, learned about the ” integrity”, and even tied a quilt! Whew! Next week we will all be “packing the heat” as we go trap shooting! AND word on the street is we might be getting the winner of the BIGGEST LOSER of last season for a sweet fireside on goal setting.


2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I would love to know more about your Personal Progress night. I am in the YW in my ward. Sounds like a lot of fun!
    Aspen could hunt bugs for hours. Very cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the awesome stuff you said about us. I love my calling, the girls and the women I work with. Kira-PS-no "E" in my name!

    ReplyDelete

 
Free Blogger Templates