Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Karen Ekins Yummy Hot Sauce

One of my most favorite memories of my mom was when she canned her Hot Sauce (salsa) in the summer time. It made out house smell soooo good. I have been in search of her recipe for ever… AND I FOUND IT! I found it at my dad’s house. I think the safest place to put this recipe is on my blog so I don’t lose it again. I have never canned before but this year I am going to try it out. Here it is…

Karen Ekins Yummy Hot Sauce

¼ bushel tomatoes (30-35)
2 jalapeƱos without seeds plus 4T ground with seeds
2 yellow peppers with seeds (grind and cut off tops)
1 long green pepper with seeds (grind and cut off tops)
2 Tablespoons salt
3 large onions (2 Ground & 1 Chopped)
½ Cup vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 garlic button

She didn’t give any directions on how long to cook it, but I’m sure its not too different than other salsa recipes.

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the canning. . . I tried to can some plums once (yep, plums, maybe that was my big mistake). . . and swore to never can anything again.
    BUT YOU CAN DO IT! Because YOU are amazing!
    I wanted so badly to see you during our trip, but then Nathan got strep. . .(enough said).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear that I remember eating that! Just seeing your mom's name makes me miss her. She was such an awesome lady. You are just like her. Good luck! Let me know how it turns out. I think I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds yummy. I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Free Blogger Templates