Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hansen's Chili

Connie Hansen is one of the best cooks I have ever met. She owns a small resteraunt in Payson. I knew who to ask when I wanted to cook up some chilli. It was so yummy.

Serves 10, but I doubled it to have leftovers to freeze.
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 46 oz tomato juice
1 29 oz. tomato sauce
1 ½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped celery
¼ cup chopped green peppers
¼ cup chili powder
2 teasp ground cumin
1 ½ teasp garlic powder
1 teasp salt
½ teasp black pepper
½ teasp oregano
½ teasp white or brown sugar
1/8 teasp cayenne pepper
2 cans of kidney beans (drained and rinsed)

1. Brown ground beef until brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
2. Add all ingredients to a large pan. Bring to a boil.
3. Add ground beef and reduce heat and simmer for 1 to 1 ½ hours. Stir occasionally.

(Note: When I browned my burger, I added the veggies to it. And then added the burger & veggies to the sauce.)

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to tell you that I made the chili recipe on Halloween and it turned out really great! Thanks!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

 
Free Blogger Templates