Friday, January 23, 2009

Pregnancy Update

Fist of all, let me just say that I am so thankful and blessed to be pregnant. We tried for 3 years to get Ashlee and with this one it took us about a year and a half. It seems like every time I come to the realization that I just can’t get pregnant, and I’m ok with that concept (at the time) I get pregnant. When I found out I was pregnant with this one we were so surprised. Darron will tell you that I am the most inpatient person in the world. I want to get pregnant when I want to and I want to deliver when I want to. But we all know it doesn’t work that way. I have had my heart set for the last few months that I will be delivering next week. I was shooting for January 27th (27 is my lucky number), but Dr. Nance only induces on Thursday’s which is on the 29th. I am ok with the 29th, but PLEASE don’t make me go another day after! This week at my weekly exam I asked him if we are still shooting for the 29th. The look on his face told me I am in it for the long haul. He told me that that I was dilated to a certain number and effaced, that then maybe he would induce me. I told him that my body doesn’t know how to do all that. He thought I was joking, so he just smiled. He told me that one of his patients is going to deliver today and her due date was a week and a half before. So I think I am going to be pregnant for at least another year. I have another appointment on Tuesday so I’ll let you know if my body found out how to do have a baby. I can’t believe some ladies LOVE to be pregnant.

Oh! We do have a name picked out, but we can’t think of a middle name still. We are pretty sure we will name her Michelle. Of course we could change our minds when we meet her. Please advise if you have a great middle name that would go with Michelle.

5 comments:

  1. I'm still voting for Kwan! (LOL) You are so funny Jamie, I totally relate to you, being pregnant is NOT fun. People who say it is are just in denial. Period. And by the way you don't have to be dialated or effaced, your water just has to break! Pray your water breaks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think children would just rather stay in heaven! That is what we tell ourselves, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree pray that your water breaks so that Dr. Nance will be around!:) Did you know that he delivered all of my kids and even Shelly's. I just love him. He's great. And his nurse Marilyn is so sweet. Tell her Hi from me. :)
    Good luck Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there! She'll be here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hang in there Jamie... the last few weeks seem to drag on FOREVER! But you'll make it. . .
    For the middle name Jonathan is voting for Obama. . . :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Free Blogger Templates