Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!!!




Did you know that the Fourth of July is mentioned in the Book of Mormon? Alma 10:6.

This is Amulek talking:

6 Nevertheless, I did harden my heart, for I was called many times and I would not hear; therefore I knew concerning these things, yet I would not know; therefore I went on rebelling against God, in the wickedness of my heart, even until the fourth day of this seventh month, which is in the tenth year of the reign of the judges.

For those of you that don't know who Almulek is... he ends up changing his life and becoming one amazing missionary.

Darron just read that this morning. Funny that the word "rebelling" is in the same verse. We REBELLED against England for our independence.

ANYWAYS...

We had a great fourth. It started at 5am and ended at midnight. We woke up and met Steve, Mickey, Jared, Stacy and Porter at the hot air balloons. Then we met everyone at the parade. After the parade we barbequed and played at thepark for about 6 hours! We came prepared withgood food and water toys. I got to play some tennis and some of us played some sand (ok, gravel) volleyball. Everyone had a good time...

I just want send a shout outto all those military soldiers and their families. I couldn't help to think that while I was enjoying my favorite holiday of the year... there are Americans in other lands keeping thepeace or trying to make peace. I am so grateful for their service and everything they do so we can all have our freedom here.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I love your collage of pictures, it looks you guys had a great holiday. Ours was spent working on our basement (which is a little exciting) and eventually a BBQ inthe evening with a few fireworks until the wind started blowing them down the road as they were going off. It was pretty entertaining but everyone decided the risk wasn't worth it. I would love to see the Hot Air Balloons one year. I never hear about it until after! Maybe next year I guess it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time! Your kids are absolutely adorable! Is it just me, or am I using a lot of exclamation points?!?

    ReplyDelete

 
Free Blogger Templates