Monday, June 9, 2008

Canoe Fun!

Right below our house is a lake that fills up in the spring. Last Saturday
we took the kids down to canoe around. We had to explain to the kids that they
have to let us know when they want to move to the other side of the canoe.
Ashlee almost dumped us twice.


We parked here and then carried the canoe about 50 yards to
the lake.





This is Ashlee's first time stepping on to a track. It brought back
memeories of my brothers and I building huts down by the railroad tracks below
Quail Hollow where we grew up.





Almost there. The kids carried a paddle. Darron carried the canoe. And I
carried the camera.


Just on the other side of the hill.





Here we are at the lake.



Woohoo!



I was trying to get a shot of a Yellowheaded Blackbird. But my
batteries were on the fritz and I couldn't zoom in.






If you look close you can see our house behind Darron....well not quite our
house but you can see our neighborhood.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! I loved the "and I carried the camera" part. You have them trained well!! he he. It looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya that was a great comment! sounds like a tough, tough job! you guys always do such fun things! I wish I lived by u!

    ReplyDelete

 
Free Blogger Templates