Friday, June 13, 2008

Girls Camp!

S.W.A.T. (Steadfast With A Testimony)

I only went up one day for girls camp this year because they “strongly discourage” pregnant ladies to go. I can see why too… It is the day after and I am exhausted! I can’t seem to get my day going… and it’s almost 4pm! It was worth going up there though. We were privileged to go to the Heber Valley Camp. It is a brand new camp that has all the amenities… cabins, HOT showers, toilets electricity, and a kitchen. I was so impressed by our girls. Everyone was including everyone. They all worked during our service project, and we got a lot done in a short amount of time. Our project was to spread wood chips on the ground of the amphitheater. I got to be there for testimony night. And it was really neat. Our ward is going through a lot of changes… we just got a new YW presidency a few months ago, our ward just split 2 weeks ago, which means a lot of best friends are getting split away from each other. So there were a lot of tears and a lot of love. I was glad to hear Bria Brown say in her awesome testimony…”The church is true even in my new ward!”

I wish I would have been able to go all 5 days. It seemed like there was a lot of bonding going on. I did get to see a very funny skit via video camera of Erin & Nellie Robbins. (No relation to us, but I would claim them).

We did have a ton of help from ladies in our ward going up. And I am so grateful for all of them including Connie Hansen and Kerri Wood who were in charge of the meals. We only had two leaders that were able to stay the whole time with the girls… Mindy and Kristi did an amazing job up there. Thank You so much for making it an extra special, spiritual, and FUN week for the girls. The girls created lasting memories, which they will always remember throughout their life.

P.S. If any of the girls or leaders have more pictures... PLEASE SHARE!

4 comments:

  1. How fun that you were able to go, if even for a small part. I loved going to girls camp last year and really enjoyed the "bonding" with the girls. I bet you are a FANTASTIC YW leader and that they all love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girls Camp Yay!! I just got home from girls camp and I am SO glad to be home. It was good until that almost the last night. With sick girls. I couldn't handle it, with no running water and the out houses too! Good to be home. I'm jealous of your posh camp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. I really didn't like girls camp and I hope they never call me to go. LOL. But I always enjoyed the testimony meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Atleast you get to stay in cabins! We go in 2 weeks and are totally roughing it. It will be really fun though. I'm coming up in a week so I will call you.

    ReplyDelete

 
Free Blogger Templates